Steamed Mussels with Leeks, Garlic and White Wine
Fresh steamed mussels in a reduced white wine, garlic-leek broth.
Write a review
- 3 pounds mussels
- 3 tablespoons butter or duck fat
- 2 cups leeks - chopped - 3 leeks (white parts only, finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp garlic - minced
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cups white wine
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- Wash the mussels in cool water, removing any exterior dirt. You can remove the stringy mussel beards too by rubbing away with your fingers.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Sauté the leeks for 5 minutes.
- Then add the garlic, water, wine, salt and pepper.
- Add the mussels to the pot, cover and steam for 10 minutes. Give everything a stir half-way through cooking.
- When all the mussels have opened, they are done. Season with more salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Sparkle Kitchen https://sparklekitchen.com/